Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is Day 5: Breakfast, on the 21 Day Wonder Diet. This breakfast is to be followed by a mid-morning snack of 1 medium orange.
- 2 eggs
- 2 multigrain English muffins, split
- 1 small tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Poach the eggs in a pan of gently simmering water, until cooked as you like.
- Meanwhile, toast muffins.
- Divide tomato between two muffin halves; sprinkle with vinegar, top with eggs, then remaining muffin halves.
A nice filling breakfast. Instead of poaching the egg, I microwaved it in a custard cup that was about the same diameter as the English muffin. I added some freshly ground black pepper. A good healthy way to start the morning. Made for Healthy Choices ABC game.
I will be making this again!!! I thickly sliced the egg and placed it in a Tupperware with the poached egg topped it with the vinegar, and S& P. I poached the egg for about 3-4 minutes. When I got to work I toasted the muffin and nuked the egg for 45 seconds. The yolk was almost cooked through, just a ribbon on yellow gold left.