A quickie tomato soup for when you really don't want to cook but want something homemade.
Make and share this Tomato soup in 5 recipe from Food.com.
- Chop onion, tomato and basil.
- Cook onion, minced garlic and basil until the onion is transparent.
- Add the chopped tomato, splash of balsamic vinegar and sugar.
- Finish off with the cream and simmer for 5 minutes or so.
- If you want you can blend it up for a smoother finish.
- Season to your liking.
- Optional add an egg yolk to each bowl just prior to serving.
Great quick soup. Pretty much made as directed. I didn't use the eye yolk, and the basil was dried basil....no fresh in the house, but the results were wonderful.