From our local/state paper, sounds interesting though I think I would make it without the cherry tomatoes (so have made them optional), times are estimated. Serve with crusty bread.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C (fan forced).
- Place chicken in a bowl and sprinkle with paprika and toss to coat and then place chicken in a baking dish.
- Combine stock and garlic and pour over the chicken and then bake for 40 minutes turning chicken drumsticks half way through.
- Cut tomatoes into small bunches and arrange tomatoes and mushrooms around chicken and season with salt and pepper and bake for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked.
- Set aside for 5 minutes and then transfer chicken and tomatoes to a plate.
- Add sour cream to dish and stir to combine and then return chicken and tomatoes and sprinkle with chives.
- Serve with crusty bread.
This is a far cry from any stroganoff I've ever made before, but it was super fast and simple to put together to make. I used a really well flavoured home made stock which was a great flavour booster and I thought the tomatoes and mushrooms cooked up really well in it. I used a teaspoon more smoked paprika as I couldn't believe 1/2 a teaspoon would be sufficient. I'm so glad I did as there wasn't much more flavour got into the chicken. The pan juices didn't evaporate at all, so it was going to be very runny on the plate-I reduced it by half to serve which worked well. This was a really good one dish dinner and I added onion wedges and potatoes in the baking dish as well. Thanks for posting Pat.