Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are really tasty little bikkies from Nestle, I did them as a Halloween treat with little spiderwebs piped on top & lolly bugs.
- 100 g butter
- 1⁄4 cup golden syrup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup milo
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the butter, golden syrup and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Cook over a low heat until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil, then remove from the heat. Stir in the baking soda.
- Place the flour, coconut, MILO and rolled oats in a bowl. Add the butter mixture and water. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Roll into balls 3-4cm in diameter and place on a lightly greased oven tray. Press the biscuits down firmly with a fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the biscuits are firm when pressed in the centre.
Made these to go to the DS's adult recreation music group but unfortunately they didn't like them. I talked to the supervisor of the programme and she said they were a little on the hard side (maybe I over baked them at 175C fan forced for 18 minutes). Sorry Mandy, made for Edition 8 - Make My Recipe.
This is a very tasty cookie. It was difficult for me to locate golden syrup in my corner of the US, but I did eventually find it. I had the Milo courtesy of my lovely friend and swap partner Mandy! This is a chewy cookie, and pleased the whole family. I didn't get creative and decorate them, but truthfully they wouldn't lack anything for not having frosting. I will be including these in school lunches this week! Thanks, Mandy!