These are the most decadent muffins i have ever tasted. The caramel just oozes out when they are warm-making them beautifully tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 250 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 125 g butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 300 ml sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 packages rolos chocolate-covered caramel candies or 2 packages other chocolate-covered caramel candies
- 1/4 cup sifted cocoa
- 1Preheat oven to moderate (180ºC., 350ish) Line 12 x 1/3-cup hole muffin pan with paper cases.
- 2Sift flour into large bowl, and stir in sugar.
- 3Melt chocolate and butter.
- 4Stir in cocoa and cool for 5 minutes.
- 5Whisk sour cream, vanilla and eggs in a jug.
- 6Make a well in the dry ingredients.
- 7Stir in chocolate and sour cream mixtures until just combined.
- 8Spoon batter into pan so each hole is ½ full.
- 9Press 2 Rolos into the centre of each.
- 10Spoon the remaining mixture to 2/3 fill each hole.
- 11Bake for 15-20 Minutes.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Triple Chocolate Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.1
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 66.7 mg
- Sodium 294.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate-covered caramel candies