Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 (425 g) can tuna in olive oil, drained
- 2 (400 g) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved (250g)
- 1 small red onion, sliced (100g)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mint
- 75 g baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- To make dressing, whisk oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper until sugar is dissolved.
- Combine tuna, tomatoes, chickpeas, onion, parsley, mint and spinach leaves in a large bowl.
- Pour over the dressing and toss until combined.
Wow! Such a great concept! Actually, I've not tried it yet, but expect this to be as fine a recipe as I've experienced from other offerings. Welcome to 'Zaar, and keep posting! This recipe is definitely in my To Try file.
...just thought i'd finally review a recipe i use ALL THE TIME! this salad is great, can be put together in a flash with inexpensive ingredients, and really hits the spot for a light but satisfying meal. my husband (with a bottomless pit of a stomach) enjoys it for lunch and sometimes dinner, if paired with soup or pita. we leave out the mint because he doesn't like the stuff, and we add tomatoes right before eating. delicious!
this was a wonderfully refreshing lunch on this hot day. i made this with my daughter in mind, she is on a version of the atkins diet, so i only used a pinch of brown sugar, but otherwised followed the recipe. i also added some arugula with the spinach, this was great!