Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this in a magazine in a camp ground kitchen. I'm saving it here to make when I get home to the land of food processors!
- 1 cup green olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons salted baby capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, roughtly chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 185 g tuna in vegetable oil (do not drain)
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- extra virgin olive oil
- toasted crostini or sliced baguette, to serve
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a food processor and process until smoothe, adding a little EVOO if necessary.
- Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper and serve with the toasted crostini or baguette.
Aussie Swap #41: Outstanding dip!! Love the saltiness that the capers add to this!
Jan, you'd better hurry back to the land of food processors because this dip is excellent. It's dead easy to make, Also nice to see a dip recipe with no dairy. I used tuna with lemon and pepper (that's what I had on hand), and followed everything else, adding about a teaspoon of the extra virgin olive oil. Hubby has already used it as a spread for lunch. Later this afternoon, it will make an appearance at Friday night drinks at work. I'm already anticipating the squabbles over the last spoonful. I'd better make another batch -- and maybe I'll throw in a few of anchovies. Thanks for a keeper.