Missy Wombat's Note:
From the Australian Women's Weekly "Cooking for two". This needs a little planning to make the preparation and cooking as efficient as possible.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 350 g tuna steaks
- 150 g squid, hoods
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1Cut tuna into 3 cm cubes and squid hoods into 3 cm strips.
- 2Combine the marinade ingredients, add the tuna and squid, mix well and marinade for at least 3 hours if not overnight.
- 3Drain the seafood, reserve the marinade.
- 4Thread the seafood onto 4 skewers.
- 5Grill kebabs until tender, occasionally brushing with the reserved marinade.
- 6Serve kebabs with polenta and tomato sauce.
- 7A green salad with garlic dressing goes well with this.
- 8Polenta: Grease a 8 cm x 26 cm cake tin.
- 9Boil the water, add the polenta and still until it thickens.
- 10Remove from heat and stir in the butter and cheese.
- 11Spread into the prepared pan and bake uncovered in a hot oven for about 10 minutes or until heated through.
- 12Cut into desired shapes.
- 13TOMATO SAUCE: Heat oil in pan, add onion and garlic, cook, stirring until onion is soft.
- 14Add undrained tomatoes and simmer for about 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 15Stir in the basil.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna and Squid Kebabs with Polenta
Serving Size: 1 (898 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 873.5
- Calories from Fat 403
- Total Fat 44.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 277.5 mg
- Sodium 464.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 65.5 g