A quick n easy week night meal! Recipe source - Australian Good Taste Mag. Yummy cold too, a nice addition to a picnic basket or lunchbox.
- Steam the kumera in the microwave until tender.
- Drain and refresh under cold running water. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Use a potato masher or fork to mash the sweet potato until coarsely mashed. Add the tuna, egg, parsley and breadcrumbs, and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the tuna mixture into 8 equal portions.
- Use wet hands to shape portions into 8cm patties.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the patties and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Divide among serving plates and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with lemon wedges, fries and a garden salad.