1/1 Photo of Tuna Puff Pies
bluemoon downunder's Note:
Crispy puff pastry easily shaped into cases and filled with tuna, spring onions, garlic, capers, dill and sour cream. Quantities are so easily varied in a recipe such as this one, so do add more or less sour cream, depending on how creamy you'd like your Tuna Puff Pies to be, and the appropriate amount of cayenne pepper if you want them to have some bite! Adapted from a recipe on the Simply Great Meals website.
My Private Note
Tuna Pu ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 sheets frozen reduced-fat puff pastry, thawed
- 425 g tuna in brine
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1 teaspoon dill
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper or cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1/2-1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1Drain the tuna and flake with a fork into chunky pieces.
- 2Cut the whole pastry sheet into 9 squares of 8cm x 8cm, and the 1/3 of a sheet into 3 squares. Arrange each pastry square into a greased muffin pan.
- 3Divide the tuna evenly between the 12 pastry cases, sprinkle evenly with spring onions, garlic, capers and dill; and add salt and fresh ground black pepper or cayenne pepper, to taste. Top each Tuna Puff Pie with a dollop of sour cream (YOU decide on the size of the dollop!) and sprinkle with parsley and lemon zest.
- 4Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 18 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Puff Pies
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.2
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 10.3 mg
- Sodium 215.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen reduced-fat puff pastry