Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I can't remember where this recipe came from, but when fresh tuna is available its outstanding.
Make and share this Tuna Steaks With Garlic Mash Potato recipe from Food.com.
- Marinate the tuna steaks in some lemon juice and pepper.
- Cut up the potatoes and boil until soft, finely chop or crush garlic cloves.
- When ready, drain water from potatoes and add garlic and a small amount of low fat milk to get desired consistency when mashing.
- Lightly spray grill or pan with oil and heat, throw tuna steaks on and cook to desired level. I usually like to keep it pink in the middle.
- Mix soy sauce and wasabi and serve in a small dish on the side or over the tuna when served.
- For the salad: Combine rocket or mixed leaves, cucumber, Spanish onion and shaved parmesan in a large bowl.
- Toss with some balsamic vinegar and serve with tuna and mashed potato.
This was really good and easy. The tuna was very tasty with a hint of lemon. I added a sprinkle of thyme to the tuna marinade as well. I used a different recipe for the garlic mashed potatoes, (Supreme Garlic Mashed Potatoes). I also found out at the last minute I has no wasabi powder to make paste so I improvised and used horseradish and scallion in the soy dipping sauce which went well with the tuna too. The salad was simple and easy too. It complimented the meal well. Thanks Raxyl for a wonderful dinner idea!