Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Australian BH&G Diabetic Living issue 12 2007. Marinating and resting times (35 minutes) have not been included.
- 2 (400 g) cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
- 3 egg tomatoes (deseeded, chopped)
- 1 head fennel (medium, trimmed finely chop bulb and roughly chop fronds)
- 1 red onion (small, chopped)
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper (bell pepper, chopped)
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper (fresh)
- 400 g tuna steaks
- nonstick cooking spray
- 60 g salad leaves (mixed)
- 6 slices sourdough bread (to serve)
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, fennel, 1 tablespoon of the fennel fronds, red onion and capsicum (bell pepper), sed aside.
- In a small, screw top jar, put the vinegar, lemon juice, oil and pepper and shake to combined well.
- Pour the dressing over the bean mixture and toss lightly to combine.
- Cover and set aside for 30 minutes to allow the flavours to develop.
- Now preheat a barbecue chargrill or char-grill pan on medium.
- Spray both sides of the tuna with the cooking spray. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until just cooked, transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Using a fork break the tuna into bite size pieces.
- Toss tuna with the bean mixture.
- Arrange serving plates with salad leaves and then arrange tuna mix on top and then sprinkle over a few fennel fronds and serve with the bread.