From the Australian BH&G Diabetic Living issue 12 2007. Marinating and resting times (35 minutes) have not been included.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (400 g) cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
- 3 egg tomatoes (deseeded, chopped)
- 1 head fennel (medium, trimmed finely chop bulb and roughly chop fronds)
- 1 red onion (small, chopped)
- 1/2 yellow pepper (bell pepper, chopped)
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (fresh)
- 400 g tuna steaks
- nonstick cooking spray
- 60 g salad leaves (mixed)
- 6 slices sourdough bread (to serve)
- 1In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, fennel, 1 tablespoon of the fennel fronds, red onion and capsicum (bell pepper), sed aside.
- 2In a small, screw top jar, put the vinegar, lemon juice, oil and pepper and shake to combined well.
- 3Pour the dressing over the bean mixture and toss lightly to combine.
- 4Cover and set aside for 30 minutes to allow the flavours to develop.
- 5Now preheat a barbecue chargrill or char-grill pan on medium.
- 6Spray both sides of the tuna with the cooking spray. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until just cooked, transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- 7Using a fork break the tuna into bite size pieces.
- 8Toss tuna with the bean mixture.
- 9Arrange serving plates with salad leaves and then arrange tuna mix on top and then sprinkle over a few fennel fronds and serve with the bread.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna, White Bean and Fennel Salad
Serving Size: 1 (462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.7
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 25.3 mg
- Sodium 447.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 35.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: