1/3 Photos of Tuscan Burgers
bluemoon downunder's Note:
This recipe was one of 8 favourite recipes by Valli Little on recipe cards which came with the current issue of the Australian cooking magazine 'delicious'.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 600 g beef mince or 19 ounces ground beef
- 100 g pancetta or 3 ounces pancetta, rind removed, chopped
- 1/3 cup basil pesto (90g/3oz)
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 small red onions, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 50 g rocket (11/2oz-2oz) or 50 g baby spinach leaves (11/2oz-2oz)
- 2 small tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 3 -4 bocconcini, sliced
- 4 italian bread rolls, split
- 1Place the beef, pancetta and 2 tablespoons of pesto in a processor; season with salt and pepper; pulse until just combined (do not over-process); form the mixture into 4 patties and chill while you cook the vegetables.
- 2Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/gas mark 3; heat a chargrill pan or cr barbecue over a medium heat; toss the onion in a little oil and grill for 1 minute on each side or until just cooked; place the onion in the oven to keep it warm; brush the tomatoes with a little oil and season them with salt and pepper , to taste; then grill the tomatoes for one minute on each side; place the tomatoes in the oven to keep them warm; mix the remaining pesto with the mayonnaise.
- 3Brush both sides of the patties with oil; cook the patties on the chargrill for 2-3 minutes on each side or until they are cooked through; top the patties with bocconcini and place them in the oven for 1 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- 4Spread the bread-roll bases with some of the mayonnaise mixture; top with rocket, patties, onion and tomato; drizzle with the remaining mayonnaise mixture and top with the remaining bread-roll halves.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuscan Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 858.9
- Calories from Fat 509
- Total Fat 56.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 139.3 mg
- Sodium 828.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 40.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: