Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 hrs
Cook 30 mins
A quick and easy cheesecake floating on a cherry coulis!
Make and share this Upside Down Cherry Vanilla Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- In a small saucepan add the cherries, 2tbsp of the syrup from the tin, the water and the caster sugar and bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer and hold it there for 5 minutes. Using a potato masher (Or a fork) roughly mash the cherries then add the cornflour, simmer for two more minutes, stirring gently.
- Dissolve 1/2 tsp of the gelatin in 1tsp of boiling water then mix it through the cherry mix.
- I like to use several small ramekins (Or bowls) But you could just as easily serve this in one dish. Pour the cherry mix into your containers then place it in the fridge.
- Whip the cream until it holds soft peaks then whip through the powdered sugar. Fold in the cream cheese, vanilla paste and cinnamon, Taste the mix, Some people like theirs sweeter so feel free to add more powdered sugar.
- Dissolve the remaining gelatin into 1/2 tbsp of boiling water then mix it through the cream. Spoon your mix into your serving container ontop of the cherry mix.
- Place the containers in the fridge for an hour or two to firm up then serve chilled.