From the magazine "Delicious" August 2005. I figure I can just bake some of my rhubarb with a little sugar to sweeten things up. As far as that goes I could just cook the rhubarb in a sauce pan on top of the stove.
- Place milk, sugar, rind, vanilla bean and seeds (or extract) in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Add rice and stir occasionally.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Add yolks one at a time, mixing well.
- Remove from the heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove rind and vanilla bean.
- Spoon into bowls and top with rhubarb and cream.
Very creamy, with just a hint of orange and not overly sweet. :)