This is a traditional Aussie slice. There are even national competitions to find out who can make the bset slice.
My Private Note
big sli ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 210 deg celcius.
- 2Line oven trays with baking paper and place one pastry sheet on each tray.
- 3Prick with a fork and bake 10-15 mins Combine custard powder, sugar and cream in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 4Gradually add milk, stirring continuously until thick.
- 5Add vanilla.
- 6Cut cooked pastry to size of a brownie pan.
- 7Layer pastry-custard-pastry in tray.
- 8Make icing by combining butter, passionfruit and icing sugar over simmering water and mix until smooth.
- 9Pour over top of slice.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Slice
Serving Size: 1 (1414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 530.6
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 41.1 mg
- Sodium 182.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 26.3 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: