Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a traditional Aussie slice. There are even national competitions to find out who can make the bset slice.
- Preheat oven to 210 deg celcius.
- Line oven trays with baking paper and place one pastry sheet on each tray.
- Prick with a fork and bake 10-15 mins Combine custard powder, sugar and cream in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Gradually add milk, stirring continuously until thick.
- Add vanilla.
- Cut cooked pastry to size of a brownie pan.
- Layer pastry-custard-pastry in tray.
- Make icing by combining butter, passionfruit and icing sugar over simmering water and mix until smooth.
- Pour over top of slice.