1/2 Photos of Veal and Asparagus With Basil Mayonnaise
The Flying Chef's Note:
This meal is quick to make and very light and healthy, makes for a great summertime dinner that you can have on the table in 30 Min's, so a great after work recipe. I used veal scallops and did 4 per person, about 200g in weight for each person. I know this cut can be quite expensive so feel free to make this with veal cutlets of similar weight, taste just as good but kinder on the wallet. I used the scallops, as hubby had just come home from a business trip and wanted a light meal as he is never to hungry after a long flight, but I also wanted something a little more special hence the cut.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 800 g veal scallops, I allow for 4 scallops per person
- 16 basil leaves
- 16 slices prosciutto
- 650 -700 g asparagus spears, trimmed (thin stalked)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Top each scallop with a basil leaf and wrap prosciutto around each.
- 2Heat oil in a large frying pan, cook veal about 3-4 Minutes a side or until cooked through.
- 3Boil, steam or microwave asparagus until tender.
- 4Basil Mayonnaise.
- 5Combine mayo and lemon juice in a bowl, mix well, stir in chopped basil.
- 6To Serve: Arrange asparagus on a plate top with veal and dollop mayo on each.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veal and Asparagus With Basil Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.2
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 165.6 mg
- Sodium 402.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 42.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: