1/2 Photos of Veal and Asparagus With Basil Mayonnaise
The Flying Chef's Note:
This meal is quick to make and very light and healthy, makes for a great summertime dinner that you can have on the table in 30 Min's, so a great after work recipe. I used veal scallops and did 4 per person, about 200g in weight for each person. I know this cut can be quite expensive so feel free to make this with veal cutlets of similar weight, taste just as good but kinder on the wallet. I used the scallops, as hubby had just come home from a business trip and wanted a light meal as he is never to hungry after a long flight, but I also wanted something a little more special hence the cut.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 800 g veal scallops, I allow for 4 scallops per person
- 16 basil leaves
- 16 slices prosciutto
- 650 -700 g asparagus spears, trimmed (thin stalked)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Top each scallop with a basil leaf and wrap prosciutto around each.
- 2Heat oil in a large frying pan, cook veal about 3-4 Minutes a side or until cooked through.
- 3Boil, steam or microwave asparagus until tender.
- 4Basil Mayonnaise.
- 5Combine mayo and lemon juice in a bowl, mix well, stir in chopped basil.
- 6To Serve: Arrange asparagus on a plate top with veal and dollop mayo on each.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veal and Asparagus With Basil Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.2
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 165.6 mg
- Sodium 402.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 42.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: