Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
An old dutch recipe that still gets made today. I believe the bird reference is because they look like baby birds?
- Rub veal slices with salt.
- Mix the veal mince with pinch of marjoram, pepper, grated nutmeg, onion and parsley.
- Shape the mix into 4 thick rolls and wrap the veal slices around each one, securing with a toothpick.
- Melt the butter and fry the 'birds' until golden brown on all sides.
- Add stock and simmer for about 20 minutes covered.
- Also nice baked in a tomato based pasta sauce.