Perfect Pixie's Note:
This is another from the book by Woman's Weekly that we borrowed from our friend. Dad used to make this for us, even our friend has tried this, she has put beautiful next to it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut eat large veal steak in half, pound out each piece of veal very thinly.
- 2Trim edges to form oval shape.
- 3You will need to pieces of veal the same size.
- 4Put a piece of ham, then a slice of cheese on each of four slices of veal, making sure filling comes within 1cm of edge of veal all around.
- 5Top with remaining veal slices, pressing edges of veal together firmly.
- 6Coat very lightly with floured seasoned with salt and pepper.
- 7Fip into combined eggs and milk, then into breadcrumbs, pressing crumbs on firmly. repeat until all veal steaks are coated.
- 8Heat butter and oil in large frying pan.
- 9Add veal steaks, cook gently on both sides until golden brown.
- 10Allow approx 6 minutes each side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veal Cordon Bleu
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.6
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 218.5 mg
- Sodium 199.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless veal steaks