Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick recipe to make.
Make and share this Veal scaloppine with lemon sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oil and half the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Coat the veal steaks in the flour, shake off any excess and add to the pan, cooking in batches if necessary.
- Cook for 1 minute, or until lightly browned on one side.
- Turn over and cook for another minute, or until brown.
- (Thin veal steaks should only take 1 minute to brown on each side- any longer and it will toughen the meat.) Transfer to a warm plate and season with salt and pepper.
- To make the lemon sauce, reduce the heat to low and add the lemon juice, parsley and remaining butter to the pan.
- Stir to combine, then add the veal and turn in the sauce for 1 minute, or until heated through.
- Serve the veal with the lemon sauce and garnish with lemon slices.
- Serve with a green salad or vegetables, if desired.
Great one Chrissy, this time I used pork schnitzel and it worked out fine. Cheers, Jenny
Really quick and very tasty (I love lemon sauces). I like lots of sauce, so next time I think I will add some chicken broth to it. When you return the steaks to the pan it gets quite thick, so I think it could take a half cup of broth and still have a nice consistency.