1/1 Photo of Veal With Pizza Topping
This is based on a recipe from The Australian Women’s Weekly Brunches & Lunches cookbook. I originally posted it for ZWT5 without trying it first. I've since tried it and believe it was missing something, so I added the pizza sauce as a layer underneath the original layers. Also, I used olive oil and found that 1/4 cup was not enough as the first batch of eggplant slices absorbed all oil in pan! I've revised the directions below to add the oil to the pan in batches along with the eggplant slices.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut eggplant into 1cm slices.
- 2In large pan, heat oil a few tablespoons at a time in order to spread it among all the eggplant slices; otherwise, the first batch of eggplant may absorb it all! Add eggplant in batches, cooking until well-browned on both sides; set on absorbent paper to drain.
- 3Dredge veal in flour and Italian seasonings, shaking off excess.
- 4Preheat a frying pan with butter. Add veal and cook until browned on both sides and cooked through. Remove to platter and keep warm.
- 5Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan and saute onion until tender but not browned. Add pizza sauce, mushrooms, and olives to onions and simmer until warm. Set aside.
- 6Spread pizza sauce mixture on broiler-safe platter. Place veal on top of the pizza sauce. Top evenly with eggplant, prosciutto and cheese. Broil until cheese is browned and melted.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veal With Pizza Topping
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.6
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 32.8 mg
- Sodium 802.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless veal steaks