1/1 Photo of Vegan Sticky Date Pudding
Bunny Erica's Note:
A delicious recipe for sticky date pudding with toffee sauce, that is vegan. From the Vegetarian Cookery School.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 ml soya milk
- 100 ml water
- 200 g dates
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 115 g vegan margarine
- 115 g soft brown sugar
- 200 g white self raising flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 100 g golden syrup
- 200 g soft brown sugar
- 150 g vegan margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 190°C-Gas5.
- 2Chop the dates in half and put them in a small saucepan and cover with the soya milk and water; simmer until the dates are soft.
- 3Take off the heat and stir in the bicarbonate of soda, which will froth as you add it to the date mixture. Leave to cool.
- 4Beat together the margarine and sugar until pale and creamy.
- 5Add the date mixture and stir.
- 6Mix the spices into the flour. Sieve the flour and fold into the sponge mixture.
- 7Spoon the sponge mixture into a 20cm x 20cm tin.
- 8Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until cooked and the sponge bounces back when pressed.
- 9To make the sauce: melt the syrup, margarine, sugar and vanilla essence in a small saucepan; simmer for 5 minutes without stirring.
- 10Prick the pudding all over and pour half the hot toffee sauce over the pudding. Serve the rest of the sauce with the pudding.
- 11It freezes well, cut into individual servings and place in the freezer. Defrost in the microwave for 2 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Sticky Date Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.4
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 194.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 59.5 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: