Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Veggie Fritters topped with yoghurt, feta and caramelised onions.
Make and share this Vegetable Fritters With Caramelised Onions recipe from Food.com.
- 300 g carrots, peeled and grated
- 500 g sweet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup coriander, chopped
- 100 g cornstarch
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil, as needed,enough for shallow frying
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt, to serve
- 200 g marinated goat-milk feta, drained and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 750 g red Spanish onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- For onions, heat olive oil in a large skillet, add onion and stir occasionally over low heat for 20-30 minutes or until onions are soft and caramelised, set aside.
- Combine carrot and sweet potato in a colander, squeeze out as much liquid as possible, then transfer to a bowl.
- Add green onion, coriander, spices, cornstarch and egg, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Divide mixture into 8 and, pressing firmly, shape each portion into a patty.
- Heat thin layer of oil in a non-stick skillet and cook fritters, in batches, over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Transfer fritters to an oiled oven tray and bake for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Place fritters on a plate, top with a spoonful of yoghurt and some caramelised onions and scatter with crumbled feta.
Wow. These were fabulous! A combination of flavors I never could have imagined. Thank good for the Zarr World Tour, or I might never have found this! Made just as written. I had some trouble getting the patties to stay together. We didn't mind, they tasted amazing. Thanks for sharing!
This recipe is fab, the flavours meld together just beautifully. The pattie has a soft texture and is nice on it's own but once you add the yogurt, onions and fetta WOW!! Thanks for sharing!