1/1 Photo of Vegetable Fritters With Caramelised Onions
Veggie Fritters topped with yoghurt, feta and caramelised onions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g carrots, peeled and grated
- 500 g sweet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup coriander, chopped
- 100 g cornstarch
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil, as needed,enough for shallow frying
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, to serve
- 200 g marinated goat-milk feta, drained and crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 750 g red Spanish onions, thinly sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- 2For onions, heat olive oil in a large skillet, add onion and stir occasionally over low heat for 20-30 minutes or until onions are soft and caramelised, set aside.
- 3Combine carrot and sweet potato in a colander, squeeze out as much liquid as possible, then transfer to a bowl.
- 4Add green onion, coriander, spices, cornstarch and egg, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- 5Divide mixture into 8 and, pressing firmly, shape each portion into a patty.
- 6Heat thin layer of oil in a non-stick skillet and cook fritters, in batches, over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- 7Transfer fritters to an oiled oven tray and bake for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- 8Place fritters on a plate, top with a spoonful of yoghurt and some caramelised onions and scatter with crumbled feta.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Fritters With Caramelised Onions
Serving Size: 1 (519 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.0
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 162.6 mg
- Sodium 215.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
marinated goat-milk feta