We love ratatouille and I often make a baked one. Tonight I added in a number of things to make a complete side dish for beef schnitzels. We both thought this was great and it could be eaten over pasta or rice for a vegetarian meal.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 eggplant, cut into 2cm dice
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 2cm squares
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthways, cut into 2 cm chunks
- 6 small potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 3 large tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 small red chili, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 190c.
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT peas and parsley .in a large baking dish and stir well to combine.
- Bake for about 1 hour (or until the potatoes are tender) stirring once or twice during cooking.
- When the potatoes are tender, add in the peas and cook a further 5 minutes then remove from the oven and stir through the chopped parsley.