Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Mar 2003 "ABC Delicious"
Make and share this Vegetarian Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chile, seeded, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (420 g) canmixed beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (420 g) can lentils, drained, rinsed
- 1 (425 g) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, fresh chilli, capsicum and cook until softened.
- Add chilli flakes and spices and cook for another minute.
- Adjust the heat until low and add the garlic, beans, lentils, tomatoes, tomato paste and remaining oil.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove lid and cook for another 5 minutes until thickened.
- Stir the parsley through and serve with warm tortillas or steamed rice sprinkled with grated cheese.