Missy Wombat's Note:
From the Mar 2003 "ABC Delicious"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chile, seeded, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 red capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (420 g) can mixed beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (420 g) can lentils, drained, rinsed
- 1 (425 g) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add the onion, fresh chilli, capsicum and cook until softened.
- 3Add chilli flakes and spices and cook for another minute.
- 4Adjust the heat until low and add the garlic, beans, lentils, tomatoes, tomato paste and remaining oil.
- 5Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Remove lid and cook for another 5 minutes until thickened.
- 7Stir the parsley through and serve with warm tortillas or steamed rice sprinkled with grated cheese.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Chili
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.3
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 55.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: