A slightly different way to have mussels having the aborio rice instead of crusty bread. Based on a Womens Weekly recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small yellow onions, chopped finely (160g)
- 300 g arborio rice
- 1 liter hot vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red chilies, chopped finely
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley stems
- 80 ml vodka
- 24 medium black mussels, cleaned (600g)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill
- 1Heat half the oil in a large pan; cook half of the onion, stirring until soft.
- 2Add rice; stir to coat in oil mixture.
- 3Stir in 1 cup stock; cook, stirring, over low heat until liquid is absorbed.
- 4Continue adding stock in 1 cup batches, stirring until absorbed before next addition.
- 5Total cooking time should be about 35 minutes or until rice is just tender.
- 6Meanwhile heat remaining oil in medium pan; cook remaining onion, garlic and chili, stirring until onion is soft.
- 7Stir in parsley and vodka; cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- 8Stir in mussels; cook covered about 10 minutes or until mussels open.
- 9Discard any that do not open.
- 10Drain mussels over medium heatproof bowl; reserve liquid.
- 11Pick out mussels, shake off cooking solids, place mussels in medium bowl.
- 12Stir reserved liquid into risotto; cook risotto, stirring until liquid is absorbed.
- 13Stir rind and dill into risotto; serve with mussels.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vodka Mussels With Lemon Dill Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.8
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 26.8 mg
- Sodium 279.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 17.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: