I got this from a local cooking show I was watching. Tried it and loved it. A very nice alternative steak sandwich. Perfect for summer lunch or light dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and black pepper
- 2 (150 g) wagyu steaks
- 4 thin slices quality sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon capers, rinsed and drained, chopped finely
- 50 g blue cheese, sliced thinly
- 1 fresh ripe pear, sliced thinly
- 1 large handful of fresh watercress
- 1Heat half the oil in a small frying pan and cook onions for 10 minutes over a medium heat until they are softened.
- 2Add sugar, vinegar and salt & pepper and cook until liquid evaporates and onions become jam-like.
- 3Season steaks with salt and pepper and rub with a little of the remaining olive oil.
- 4Cook on pre-heated frying pan or barbeque flat-plate until cooked as desired for about 2 minutes each side.
- 5Transfer to plate and cover to keep warm and rest.
- 6Drizzle each of the slices of bread with the remaining oil and toast on both sides until golden.
- 7To serve, combine mayonnaise with pepper and capers and spread on one side of each piece of sourdough.
- 8Top two of the pieces of sourdough with watercress, onions, steak, pear slices and blue cheese. The top with remaining piece of sourdough, mayo side down and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wagyu Steak Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (2475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5201.2
- Calories from Fat 1085
- Total Fat 120.5 g
- Saturated Fat 33.4 g
- Cholesterol 135.9 mg
- Sodium 10267.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 838.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 50.2 g
- Sugars 22.6 g
- Protein 176.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: