Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This makes a delicious summer meal with wonderful flavors. Posted for ZWT3.
Make and share this Warm Australian Lamb Salad With Sweet Potato recipe from Food.com.
- 1 australian leg of lamb, butterflied (see tip)
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes (2 large or 3 medium)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bunches arugula, torn
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 orange, juice and zest of
- 2 tablespoons red wine or 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Trim lamb and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- To start salad peel and dice the potatoes into ½ inch pieces and toss with the olive oil to coat.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook for 20-30 minutes, until tender and golden brown.
- Heat a barbecue or grill pan to medium high heat and cook lamb for 5 minutes on each side.
- Cover barbecue or transfer lamb to the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes or until medium-rare and internal temperature reaches 130-140°F.
- Cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- To finish the salad, while lamb is resting, whisk the dressing ingredients together and season to taste.
- Toss the arugula, onion and warm potatoes together in a bowl, add half the dressing and mix well.
- Place on a platter or individual plates.
- Slice lamb thinly across the grain and arrange over the salad.
- Scatter with the feta cheese and drizzle with remaining dressing.
- TIP: To butterfly lamb, remove netting from boneless leg and open as flat as possible. Pound or use a knife to open out to desired thinness.