1 hr 30 mins
This makes a delicious summer meal with wonderful flavors. Posted for ZWT3.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes (2 large or 3 medium)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bunches arugula, torn
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1Trim lamb and season with salt and pepper.
- 2Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 3To start salad peel and dice the potatoes into ½ inch pieces and toss with the olive oil to coat.
- 4Place on a baking sheet and cook for 20-30 minutes, until tender and golden brown.
- 5Heat a barbecue or grill pan to medium high heat and cook lamb for 5 minutes on each side.
- 6Cover barbecue or transfer lamb to the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes or until medium-rare and internal temperature reaches 130-140°F.
- 7Cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- 8To finish the salad, while lamb is resting, whisk the dressing ingredients together and season to taste.
- 9Toss the arugula, onion and warm potatoes together in a bowl, add half the dressing and mix well.
- 10Place on a platter or individual plates.
- 11Slice lamb thinly across the grain and arrange over the salad.
- 12Scatter with the feta cheese and drizzle with remaining dressing.
- 13TIP: To butterfly lamb, remove netting from boneless leg and open as flat as possible. Pound or use a knife to open out to desired thinness.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Australian Lamb Salad With Sweet Potato
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.5
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 419.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
leg of lamb