Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I was looking for a lamb backstrap salad recipe. Found this on www.taste.com.au.
Make and share this Warm Balsamic Lamb Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 600 g lamb backstraps, trimmed
- 600 g butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeds removed, cut into 3cm wedges
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut into thirds
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 60 g baby rocket
- 35 g reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 200°C Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Whisk oil, vinegar and salt and pepper in a ceramic bowl. Add lamb. Turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate.
- Place pumpkin on baking tray. Spray with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast, turning once, for 35 minutes or until golden and tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, preheat a barbecue grill on medium-high heat. Lightly spray asparagus and onion with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Remove to a large bowl.
- Remove lamb from marinade. Barbecue for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Stand for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.
- Add rocket, feta and pumpkin to onion mixture. Toss gently to combine. Place salad on serving plates. Top with lamb and serve.