Wendys Kitchen's Note:
I was looking for a lamb backstrap salad recipe. Found this on www.taste.com.au.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 600 g lamb backstraps, trimmed
- 600 g butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeds removed, cut into 3cm wedges
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut into thirds
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 60 g baby rocket
- 35 g reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Whisk oil, vinegar and salt and pepper in a ceramic bowl. Add lamb. Turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2Place pumpkin on baking tray. Spray with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast, turning once, for 35 minutes or until golden and tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 3Meanwhile, preheat a barbecue grill on medium-high heat. Lightly spray asparagus and onion with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Remove to a large bowl.
- 4Remove lamb from marinade. Barbecue for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Stand for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.
- 5Add rocket, feta and pumpkin to onion mixture. Toss gently to combine. Place salad on serving plates. Top with lamb and serve.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Balsamic Lamb Salad
Serving Size: 1 (480 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.0
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 108.0 mg
- Sodium 113.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 30.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat feta cheese