I hate coriander, so I have been fiddling with recipes to find a nice "warm beef salad" and this is the result. I love to make this in a big rice bowl, while DH has a steak and chips:)
- 1 steak (rib fillet or sirloin)
- butter lettuce
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1 small Spanish onion, thinly sliced (or 2 spring onions)
- 3 slices capsicums
- 4 inches lebanese cucumbers, chopped
- 1 sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1⁄2 avocado, diced (optional)
- cracked pepper
- oil (for frying) or butter (for frying)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon mint sauce
- 1 small lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili sauce (or to taste)
- 1 dash fish sauce (1/2 to 1 teaspoon)
- flatten your steak if it is a thick one, and sprinkle with cracked pepper.
- cook till rare or medium, place on board to rest for 5 minutes.
- combine salad greens in a bowl.
- combine dressing ingredients in a small microwave safe container.
- microwave till honey is liquid, mix well.
- slice your steak thinly, and put on top of the greens, pour over the dressing and toss lightly.