Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My daughter Samantha made this the last time we visited, and I was very impressed! It's a very Aussie style of salad, as opposed to a Thai one, and NO coriander :) I think you could used a buttery lettuce instead of the spinach leaves, or a mixture of a few different greens. She doesnt use salt and pepper, but I put cracked pepper on the steaks before cooking.
- 2 steaks (eye fillet, rib or sirloin type steaks)
- 60 g baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 large avocado, diced
- 2 medium washed potatoes (chats)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (or to taste)
- oil (for frying) or butter (for frying)
- cucumber (optional)
- spring onion (optional)
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons horseradish cream
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup cream
- boil or micro wave your potatoes (6 mins micro).
- take out and allow to dry and cool a little.
- slice thinly, or cube and fry in a little oil until crispy, tip onto paper towel to drain.
- cook the steaks to desired doneness (anyway you like).
- leave on a board for 5 minutes.
- put all the dressing ingredients in a small saucepan.
- arrange salad greens in your bowl.
- heat the dressing till it thickens slightly.
- take off the heat.
- slice your steak, add to bowl with potato and dressing, toss lightly and serve.
What a great salad mummamills, we really enjoyed it, made a terriffic one dish meal. So yummy, made exactly as written using romain lettuce in place of spinach. Loved the textures and flavors. The dressing is out of this world. I did use all the optional ingredients. Thanks for sharing your daughters recipe. Made for Aussie Swap
Wow!!! This was amazing, we loved it! The dressing is so good, I could eat it alone with a spoon ;) I used some left over beef and potaotes when making this, turning last night's dinner into a new meal. Thanks for posting, I'll make this one many times again I'm sure! Made for Aussie Swap :)
I would give this 5* just for the dressing alone :) A very easy to put together salad with a tangy but sweet flavour. A real keeper in our house :) I used a bag of spring mix baby greens which did include spinach for the salad part.