1/2 Photos of Warm Beef Salad Ala Sam
My daughter Samantha made this the last time we visited, and I was very impressed! It's a very Aussie style of salad, as opposed to a Thai one, and NO coriander :) I think you could used a buttery lettuce instead of the spinach leaves, or a mixture of a few different greens. She doesnt use salt and pepper, but I put cracked pepper on the steaks before cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 steaks (eye fillet, rib or sirloin type steaks)
- 60 g baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 large avocado, diced
- 2 medium washed potatoes (chats)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (or to taste)
- oil (for frying) or butter (for frying)
- cucumber (optional)
- spring onion (optional)
- 1boil or micro wave your potatoes (6 mins micro).
- 2take out and allow to dry and cool a little.
- 3slice thinly, or cube and fry in a little oil until crispy, tip onto paper towel to drain.
- 4cook the steaks to desired doneness (anyway you like).
- 5leave on a board for 5 minutes.
- 6put all the dressing ingredients in a small saucepan.
- 7arrange salad greens in your bowl.
- 8heat the dressing till it thickens slightly.
- 9take off the heat.
- 10slice your steak, add to bowl with potato and dressing, toss lightly and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Beef Salad Ala Sam
Serving Size: 1 (988 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 588.4
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 123.1 mg
- Sodium 135.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 37.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard