Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the magazine "Delicious" August 2005. Cook these puddings in four 1-cup (250ml) ramekins or ovenproof cups and you can use dark chocolate for the sauce in place of white chocolate. Serve with cream. If you use a muffin pan it will make 6 servings.
- 220 g good-quality dark chocolate
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon Frangelico or 1 tablespoon Amaretto
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup good-quality cocoa powder
- 125 g good-quality white chocolate (or dark chocolate)
- 3⁄4 cup light cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and butter 6 holes of a muffin pan.
- Place 120g of chocolate and the butter in a heatproof bowl over simmering water (don't let the bowl touch water), stirring until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs using electric beaters until foamy, then add the sugar and beat until pale and thick.
- Gradually add the chocolate mixture, then stir in the Frangelico or amaretto.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa, then fold into the mixture.
- Pour into the prepared muffin pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- For the leaves, place remaining 100g chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt as above, then cool slightly.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Using a palette knife, spread chocolate onto paper in a thin layer.
- Leave at room temperature for 5 minutes or until nearly set.
- Using a decorative leaf cutter, gently press into chocolate to make indents.
- Chill until firm, then break leaves away from the surrounding chocolate.
- For the sauce, place ingredients in a heatproof bowl and melt as above until a thick sauce forms.
- Turn puddings out onto plates, top with warm sauce and decorate with chocolate leaves.