Charlotte J's Note:
From the magazine "Delicious" August 2005. Cook these puddings in four 1-cup (250ml) ramekins or ovenproof cups and you can use dark chocolate for the sauce in place of white chocolate. Serve with cream. If you use a muffin pan it will make 6 servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 220 g good-quality dark chocolate
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon Frangelico or 1 tablespoon Amaretto
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup good-quality cocoa powder
- 125 g good-quality white chocolate (or dark chocolate)
- 3/4 cup light cream
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C and butter 6 holes of a muffin pan.
- 2Place 120g of chocolate and the butter in a heatproof bowl over simmering water (don't let the bowl touch water), stirring until smooth.
- 3Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- 4Beat the eggs using electric beaters until foamy, then add the sugar and beat until pale and thick.
- 5Gradually add the chocolate mixture, then stir in the Frangelico or amaretto.
- 6Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa, then fold into the mixture.
- 7Pour into the prepared muffin pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- 8For the leaves, place remaining 100g chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt as above, then cool slightly.
- 9Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- 10Using a palette knife, spread chocolate onto paper in a thin layer.
- 11Leave at room temperature for 5 minutes or until nearly set.
- 12Using a decorative leaf cutter, gently press into chocolate to make indents.
- 13Chill until firm, then break leaves away from the surrounding chocolate.
- 14For the sauce, place ingredients in a heatproof bowl and melt as above until a thick sauce forms.
- 15Turn puddings out onto plates, top with warm sauce and decorate with chocolate leaves.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Brownie Puddings With Chocolate Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2281.8
- Calories from Fat 1821
- Total Fat 202.3 g
- Saturated Fat 123.9 g
- Cholesterol 289.4 mg
- Sodium 238.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 175.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 52.2 g
- Sugars 71.4 g
- Protein 50.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: