1/1 Photo of Warm Chickpea Salad
I've been trying to include more beans into our diet recently. This is a great warm salad for fish or chicken. Leftovers are great reheated too. If you dont like chillies-no problem just leave them out (although to add some extra flavour in place of the chillies ,you might like to add some extra lemon juice, salt and pepper). Serves 4. You can use cannelini or any other white bean in place of the chickpeas. Serve with lemon wedges. For gluten-free or cegetarian-check stock is suitable for your diet
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tomatoes, cut into quarters and seeds removed
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 small red chilies, deseeded and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine or 1/4 cup vegetable stock or 1/4 cup water
- 400 g chickpeas, drained and rinsed (garbonzos 14 oz)
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, zested finely
- 1Deseed the tomatoes and chillies. Chop tomatoes into a rough dice and finely slice the chillies.
- 2Heat the oil in a large frypan/skillet. Add the chilli, garlic and red onion. Stir over a medium heat for about 5 mintus.
- 3Add the chopped tomatoes and the wine/stock/water (whichever of your choice). Reduce heat to low. Cover the skillet (if you dont have a lid you can use aluminium foil). Cook for another 8-10 minutes. The mixture should be soft and most of the liquid evaporated.Remove from the heat.
- 4Lightly stir in the chickpeas (or other white beans) , parsley, lemon juicend lemon zest.Season to taste with freshly ground salt and pepper.
- 5Serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Chickpea Salad
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.9
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 309.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 6.7 g