1/1 Photo of Warm Lamb and Couscous Salad With Pomegranate Molasses
Aus/NZ Hosts's Note:
Made for Good Things Are Cooking Here!! (A non-cooking game) In the Australian/New Zealand Cooking Forum - http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=233992 Pomegranate molasses is sweet and sourish, and that and the preserved lemons are pretty easily available from speciality food stores
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rub the lamb backstraps with a mixture of cumin, black pepper and salt.
- 3Place couscous and butter in a medium bowl.
- 4Pour boiling stock over the couscous.
- 5Cover tightly and allow to soak for five minutes.
- 6Fluff with a fork.
- 7Allow to cool a little.
- 8Add the finely diced tomato, capsicum, lemon and mint then set aside.
- 10Heat a pan over medium high heat, add the oil and cook the lamb backstraps until medium (about 5 minutes a side depending on thickeness).
- 11Remove from the pan and allow to rest about 10 minutes before slicing on the diagonal to serve.
- 12Divide the cous cous mix between 4 serving plates, arrrange the slices of lamb over that and drizzle a couple of teaspoons of pomegranate molasses over each serve.
- 13Greek yoghurt could also be offered at the table.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Lamb and Couscous Salad With Pomegranate Molasses
Serving Size: 1 (483 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.7
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 13.0 mg
- Sodium 584.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 16.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: