Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Posting for Chef #29196
Make and share this Warm Pumpkin, Spinach, Prawn Salad With Chilli/ Lime Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon chile pepper jam
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 kg pumpkin, cut into 5cm cubes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 16 prawns, deveined leaving heads and tails intact
- 125 g baby spinach leaves or 125 g similar greens
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a pan and bring to the boil. Set aside.
- Preheated oven to 200°C.
- Toss pumpkin lightly in 2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil, place in baking tray and baked in until golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in wok and stir-fry prawns until just cooked, about 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle half the dressing over the prawns and toss to coat.
- To assemble, combine pumpkin, baby spinach and onion in a bowl. Divide mixture between individual serving plates.
- Arrange prawns on top of salad and drizzle remaining dressing around the plates.
Someone gave me 5 large jack-o-lantern type pumpkins and searching for a recipe I discovered this. I had to make substitutions because fish sauce, palm sugar and chile pepper jam aren't available here, but I think I got a close approximation of the sauce. Also, I dredged the pumpkin in Cajun seasoning before roasting. What an interesting way to cook and serve pumpkin. The dressing is great and I like that there is no oil in it. This dressing is so good that I am trying to think of other ways to use it as well. Maybe as a dipping sauce for something. Thanks for a great recipe.