1/1 Photo of Warm Roast Pumpkin Salad
1 hr 15 mins
bluemoon downunder's Note:
Looking for Australian recipes for the Zaar World Tour 2005? Look no further! This is innovative Australian cuisine at its best: a most unusual and absolutely delicious-sounding recipe which I have adapted just slightly from a book I HAD TO BUY when I saw it today: 'Green: modern vegetarian recipes' by Australian cook Flip Shelton. As Flip says of this recipe you really can “brighten the darkest winter days with this warm, colourful salad”.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 600 g butternut pumpkin
- 4 small beetroots
- 1 brown onions (Australian) or 1 yellow onion (American)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste'
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- baby spinach leaves, well washed
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar or 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas mark 6.
- 2Line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper, peel the pumpkin, beetroot and onion and cut into wedges.
- 3Mix together the oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl until they are well-combined. Toss in the pumpkin, beetroot and onion and stir until the vegetables are well-coated.
- 4Spread the vegetables on the baking tray and place in the oven for 40-50 minutes, or until the pumpkin starts to brown.
- 5Place the pepitas in a dry non-stick pan and place in the oven for a couple of minutes, stirring, until the seeds start to pop and brown.
- 6Combine the roasted vegetables, pepitas and spinach in a large bowl and drizzle with the raspberry vinegar.
- 7Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Roast Pumpkin Salad
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.8
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 47.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: