1/2 Photos of Warm Spicy Chicken Salad
1 hr 13 mins
I make lots of variations on this. Sometimes I add tomatoes or sun-dried tomatoes,croutons, cucumber, red onions, pine nuts, olives-whatever is on hand and needs using. Prep time includes 30 minutes marinating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 skinless chicken pieces (about 150g each)
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek or 1 fresh chili, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated gresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 8 cm lengths (250g)
- 100 g mixed salad greens
- 2 red capsicums, sliced (bell peppers)
- 50 g beans, shoots
- 100 g snow peas, topped and tailed
- 1/4 cup cashews, toasted
- 1/4 cup natural yoghurt
- 1Combine chicken, sambal oelek, garlic, ginger and lemon juice in a bowl and marinate for 30 minutes-marinating longer will make the salad tastier and spicier.
- 2Remove the chicken from the marinade and coat in the Cajun seasoning.
- 3Heat the oil in a pan and fry the chicken for about 5 minutes, or until just cooked through.
- 4Remove the chicken from the pan, set aside and keep warm.
- 5Boil, or steam the asparagus until tender.
- 6Combine all remaining salad ingredients including asparagus in a bowl, toss with the dressing and divide among 4 plates.
- 7Slice chicken and divide amongst the 4 plates.
- 8Serve with a dollop of yoghurt on each.
- 9DRESSING: Combine all dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar.
- 10Shake until well mixed.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Spicy Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.8
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 83.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
skinless chicken pieces
mixed salad greens