Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I haven't tried this one yet, but wattleseeds intrigue me and this sounds to die for. Wattleseed is a baking spice that is really versatile and can be found in ethnic grocers.
- 2 tablespoons ground coffee
- 4 tablespoons wattleseed, ground
- 4 drops vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 1⁄2 ounces cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- grated chocolate (to garnish)
- brew coffee and wattleseed in a filter in coffee pot with 1 1/2 cups water.
- mix in sugar, vanilla and cream.
- pour into two large glasses and serve with grated chocolate on top.
I have become hooked on the TV show "the Outback Cafe" so wattleseed is now a pantry staple for me. This is a really nice smooth tasting coffee, the vanilla really cuts the aniseed type flavour of the wattleseed & the result is a smooth creamy tasting coffee, lovely, thanks for posting!