Sometime I don't have time to make a marinade so this works just fine. We leave the wing tips on and fold them back under the frst joint. This method creates pocket-like places for more marinade, it keeps them neat and tidy, easy to turn and no more burnt tips. The tips can be discarded by the folk who eat the wings.
- Pre heat oven to 400F (about 220C).
- Microwave Char Siu and water (or heat on stove) and stir to combine.
- Wash and pat dry wings.
- Place wings in a big bowl or zip-lock bag.
- Pour the Char Siu/water mix over.
- Marinate for at least an hour.
- Place wings on lined cookie sheet.
- Pour half the marinade over the wings.
- Bake for 12 or so minutes.
- Turn wings over and pour on remaining marinade.
- Lower oven temp to 350°F.
- Bake 15 minutes more until golden brown.
- Place on serving platter and scatter with the sesame seeds.