Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
And I used to think that ribs were such a lotta trouble. A good friend showed me how to fix them this way. We prefer our Andrew P's BBQ sauce (posted here on zaar) with these ribs.
- 3 -4 lbs ribs (NOT beef)
- 2 cups barbecue sauce (Andrew P's BBQ Sauce)
- Separate ribs by nicking with a knife and then tearing apart with your hands. They seem to hold more sauce done this way.
- Place ribs in steamer over rapidly boiling water.
- Steam for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cool ribs for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Place ribs on foil lined cookie sheet.
- Brush ribs liberally with sauce; turn ribs over; brush other side.
- Bake about 10 minutes; turn ribs and brush with sauce again.
- Bake a further 10 minutes.
- Repeat last two steps, if necessary.
- Ribs can be done on a grill instead of in an oven; just be sure that it is not too hot.
- NOTE: Frozen ribs can be fixed this way; place frozen ribs straight into the steamer; steam an extra 5 to 10 minutes and, obviously, separate the ribs after they have cooled from the steaming.