Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
my husband is of welsh descent and when i married him he insisted i learn from his mother how to make them. now my family love them as well as my friends. thanks julia.
- mix dry ingredients together, add margarine mixing with your fingers.
- mix milk and egg until smooth.
- roll out into 1/2 inch thichness.
- cut with a cookie cutter.
- spray a baking tray with oil.
- place uncooked mix onto the tray leaving spaces for expansion when cooking.
- place in oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- oven heat should be between 160 and 180 degrees.
I made the welsh cakes yesturday and they are still fresh today. Before baking I sprinkled some castor sugar on the tops for bit of a texture. They are light and fluffy. Bonnie Kiwi