Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 5 mins
The third of four Chocoholics Heaven recipes in a recent issue of the Australian 'Women's Day'. Decadently delicious!
- Preheat oven to moderately slow, 160°C, and lightly grease a 23cm springform flan pan.
- Place flour, butter, nuts and icing sugar in a food processor and process until well-combined, add egg yolks and water and process until the ingredients just come together.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface, knead gently, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper, ease into prepared pan, trim the edges and chill for 10 minutes.
- Bake blind (see Note below) for 15 minutes, remove paper and filling, and bake for another 10 minutes.
- FILLING: Melt 250g chocolate in a small saucepan over a low heat; in a small bowl, using an electric beater, beat the egg yolks, eggs and caster sugar until the mixture is thick and creamy; stir in the cream, vanilla extract and melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle the pastry base with macadamia nuts, pour the chocolate mixture into the pastry case; bake for 35-40 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Serve the tart, drizzled with the remaining melted white chocolate.
- NOTE: To blind bake, put rice, dried beans or pastry weights in the pastry shell, then bake as directed.