1/1 Photo of Wholemeal Date Scones
A great low-fat snack from Healthy Foods Mag Australia!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200.C.
- 2Spray a baking tray with cooking oil.
- 3Pour 2 cups boiling water over dates and allow to soften for approx 10 mins before draining & chopping.
- 4Sift flours with icing sugar & salt into a bowl.
- 5Rub in margarine with fingertips until mixture resembles breadcrumbs, add dates and make a well in the centre then add egg.
- 6Stir lightly with a knife and add enough milk to form a soft dough.
- 7Turn onto a floured surface and cut dough into 5cm rounds.
- 8Place on the baking tray and brush with a little milk before baking for 15-20 mins or until golden.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wholemeal Date Scones
Serving Size: 1 (651 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.8
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 14.2 mg
- Sodium 8.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: