A great low-fat snack from Healthy Foods Mag Australia!
Make and share this Wholemeal Date Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 200.C.
- Spray a baking tray with cooking oil.
- Pour 2 cups boiling water over dates and allow to soften for approx 10 mins before draining & chopping.
- Sift flours with icing sugar & salt into a bowl.
- Rub in margarine with fingertips until mixture resembles breadcrumbs, add dates and make a well in the centre then add egg.
- Stir lightly with a knife and add enough milk to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface and cut dough into 5cm rounds.
- Place on the baking tray and brush with a little milk before baking for 15-20 mins or until golden.