Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love puy lentils, and found this recipe for them on the internet.
Make and share this Wine-stewed Puy Lentils recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over a medium-low heat.
- Add the shallots, garlic, carrot and celery and sautee gently until extremely soft.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, and cook briskly until they are reduced to a thick puree.
- Mix in the red wine and cook down to a puree.
- Rinse the lentils and add to the puree along with 400ml of water.
- Bring to the boil before reducing to a simmer.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the lentils are tender, but still holding their shape.
- Season to taste with the salt and pepper and stir in the parsley just before serving.
- These are good with grilled or roast meats.
Hearty, delicious and easy. We added some crumbled white cheese to 'finish' the dish and enjoyed it every much. Good for a cold night.
Simply delicious. A very versatile way to serve Puy Lentils. We had it with Lamb Leg steaks the first night and Moroccan Chicken the second night. Partnered both these meats superbly. Made for Aussie/Kiwi Recipe Swap July 09.
This came out perfectly & made a lovely light supper! Made for Aus/NZ swap 6/09.