1/1 Photo of Wine-stewed Puy Lentils
I love puy lentils, and found this recipe for them on the internet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over a medium-low heat.
- 2Add the shallots, garlic, carrot and celery and sautee gently until extremely soft.
- 3Add the chopped tomatoes, and cook briskly until they are reduced to a thick puree.
- 4Mix in the red wine and cook down to a puree.
- 5Rinse the lentils and add to the puree along with 400ml of water.
- 6Bring to the boil before reducing to a simmer.
- 7Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the lentils are tender, but still holding their shape.
- 8Season to taste with the salt and pepper and stir in the parsley just before serving.
- 9These are good with grilled or roast meats.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wine-stewed Puy Lentils
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.6
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 26.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g