Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Easy and tasty baked potatoes seasoned with cumin and paprika. You can serve these as a vege side for 6-8 or serve with ketchup/tomato sauce or sour cream and chilli sauce. I like to use a kilogram of new baby potatoes but you can use regylar larger sized potatoes cut into 1 inch pieces. You can cut larger potatoes into wefges if you prefer This recipe will be gluten-free if your spices are
- Preheat oven to 220°C or 200°C if fan forced.
- If using baby potatoes, wash and dry them and then cut into quarters. If using larger potatoes cut into rouughly 1 inch pieces.
- I like to place the potatoes into a large plastic bag, or you can add them to a large mixing bowl. The plastic bag is the easiest and least messy option.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and ensure thoroughly mixed.
- Place in the oven and turn after 20 minutes. Cook until done to your liking. Mine usually take 40 to 50 minutes.
Yummy is the word, This dish was so good, I did not see the need to offer catsup, vinegar, or any other sauce to dress it up. They were perfect.
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #72* My new GO-TO recipe for roasted potatoes ! I usually cut them up, add S&P and maybe Italian seasoning, pour "some olive oil, all in a bowl, and roast for 50-60 min. THIS has some REAL flavor ! Loved how the coating disperses in the baggie but generously coats the potato pieces. I used regular sized red 'taters, UNpeeled, (for color and nutrition) and baked for 50 min. in 400*F oven. Thanks for posting, Jubes-- we have enough for leftovers !!
**Jubes**, these potatoes are wonderful... however; I must admit I must admit that I had to make a substitution. I asked DH to pick up a bag of potatoes while at the store but he didn't purchase a single thing on the shopping list except for cheese. So, I had to use sweet potatoes in place of russets. I kept the spices the same though... we all loved the flavor combination! My son who usually complains if his sweet potato isn't swimming in butter, cinnamon and at least a Tbs. of brown sugar actually went back for seconds! I can't wait to make this again- both as written and with sweet potatoes. Made and reviewed for the 71st AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.