1/22 Photos of Yummy Crispy Baked Fish
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
Easy and healthier way to get crispy tasty fish. I have used mostly mild whitefish like tilapia with great results. Don't be scared by the number of ingredients—it is mostly spices and herbs. Please adjust the spices, especially salt, to your taste. I have tried to post a balanced blend here but feel free to adjust mild, spicy, lower sodium etc...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb tilapia fillet
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, adjust to your taste
- 1Mix milk, vinegar and mustard and let set for 15 minutes. This will make a mustardy, buttermilky dressing to coat the fish.
- 2In a separate bowl mix cornmeal with all the seasonings.
- 3Dip fish fillets in the milk mixture and then in the cornbread mixture.
- 4Spray broiling pan with cooking spray or brush with a little olive oil.
- 5Place fillets on prepared pan and place pan under broiler 4 inches from heat.
- 6Broil for 4 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 7Serve with lemon wedges if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Crispy Baked Fish
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.7
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 58.8 mg
- Sodium 654.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 24.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: