Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Nice soup served with toasted Turkish bread.
Make and share this Zucchini and Lemon Thyme Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onion, cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add potatoes and zucchini, cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add stock, lemon thyme and bay leaves, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, over medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- Discard bay leaves.
- Puree soup.
- Add beans, parsley, salt and pepper, cook, stirring over medium heat until warmed through.
with a few amount adjusments we enjoyed this soup, we like heat so I added in some cayenne pepper, thanks Jewelies!...Kitten:)
Got to admit that I took this recipe on as a challenge. After getting into it I realized I needed to make some substitutions, but am hoping that the result was at least a close approximation of what was intended! I never did find lemon thyme so used a teaspoon of thyme leaves & a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice. And great northern beans were used in place of cannellini beans. All that being said, the soup I came up with was very tasty, & I intend to make it again & again! Many thanks for the recipe!