Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Nice soup served with toasted Turkish bread.
Make and share this Zucchini and Lemon Thyme Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 350 g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 750 g zucchini, chopped
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup lemon thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (400 g) can cannellini beans, drained
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onion, cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add potatoes and zucchini, cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add stock, lemon thyme and bay leaves, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, over medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- Discard bay leaves.
- Puree soup.
- Add beans, parsley, salt and pepper, cook, stirring over medium heat until warmed through.
with a few amount adjusments we enjoyed this soup, we like heat so I added in some cayenne pepper, thanks Jewelies!...Kitten:)
Got to admit that I took this recipe on as a challenge. After getting into it I realized I needed to make some substitutions, but am hoping that the result was at least a close approximation of what was intended! I never did find lemon thyme so used a teaspoon of thyme leaves & a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice. And great northern beans were used in place of cannellini beans. All that being said, the soup I came up with was very tasty, & I intend to make it again & again! Many thanks for the recipe!