1/1 Photo of Zucchini and Pine Nut Bruschetta
bluemoon downunder's Note:
Adapted from a recipe in 'The Australian Women's Weekly's TAPAS antipasto mezze'.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 (60 g) baby eggplants, finely chopped
- 1 (130 g) tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 (180 g) zucchini, finely chopped
- 6 kalamata olives, pitted, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1Trim the ends from the bread stick, cut the bread into 1 cm slices and grill or toast the bread on both sides until it is lightly browned; rub the garlic halves over one side of each slice of toasted bread and brush lightly with olive oil.
- 2Heat the oil in a medium pan; saute the nuts, garlic and eggplant, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- 3Add the tomato, zucchini, olives, sultanas and vinegar; cook, stirring until the zucchini is soft; then allow the mixture to cool.
- 4Add the basil and parsley and stir until it is well-combined with the other ingredients.
- 5Spoon the vegetable mixture onto the toasts and serve as part of a mezze platter or as appetisers.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini and Pine Nut Bruschetta
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 46.1
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 37.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 0.8 g