This recipe was sent to me by my mum,who thought that her beloved grandchildren might enjoy them! The first time I made them they didn't even get a chance to go cold,as the children and I devoured them.I have since made them to take to our local playgroup end of term party,and once again,children and parents alike loved them.They are so simple and delicious,and a great way to get some extra veggies into your children.Perfect for picnics and lunchbags.I often pack a few in a tub for when we go shopping for child friendly snacks.I should imagine that these would be good served warm with pre dinner drinks or as part of a finger buffet.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and sautÃ© onion until translucent. Add the bacon and fry until it starts to colour. Add the carrot and zucchini and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl to cool.
- Beat the eggs, cream and cheese together; season to taste.
- Stir the egg mixture into the cooled zucchini mixture. Stir in the flour.
- Grease and flour little muffin/bun tins. Spoon mixture into the holes.
- Bake at 180Â°C/350Â°F/Gas 4 for 15-20 minutes.