1/22 Photos of Zucchini Bites
This recipe was sent to me by my mum,who thought that her beloved grandchildren might enjoy them! The first time I made them they didn't even get a chance to go cold,as the children and I devoured them.I have since made them to take to our local playgroup end of term party,and once again,children and parents alike loved them.They are so simple and delicious,and a great way to get some extra veggies into your children.Perfect for picnics and lunchbags.I often pack a few in a tub for when we go shopping for child friendly snacks.I should imagine that these would be good served warm with pre dinner drinks or as part of a finger buffet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a large pan and sautÃ© onion until translucent. Add the bacon and fry until it starts to colour. Add the carrot and zucchini and cook for about 2 minutes.
- 2Transfer mixture to a bowl to cool.
- 3Beat the eggs, cream and cheese together; season to taste.
- 4Stir the egg mixture into the cooled zucchini mixture. Stir in the flour.
- 5Grease and flour little muffin/bun tins. Spoon mixture into the holes.
- 6Bake at 180Â°C/350Â°F/Gas 4 for 15-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Bites
Serving Size: 1 (904 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 51.3
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 29.0 mg
- Sodium 91.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: